Menu
Home Page

PTFA

Welcome to the PTFA section!

Meet the Team

Alison Davies - Chair
Michelle Tanner - Vice Chair
Lynn White - Secretary
Becca Krygier - Treasurer
Contact us via our email: berryhillptfa@outlook.com

BERRY HILL PRIMARY

PARENTS, TEACHERS &

SCHOOL & NURSERY.

FRIENDS ASSOCIATION.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

P.T.F.A. MEETING - SCHOOL HALL

WEDS 17th October 2018 @ 5:15pm

WELCOME & APOLOGIES:

ATTENDEES

APOLOGIES

Mrs Hill (Head Teacher)

Mrs Smith (TA)

Mrs Quant-Epps (Deputy Head)

Sarah Tyers

Mrs Kendall (Teacher)

Alison Davies (Chair)

Michelle Tanner (Vice Chair)

Rebecca Krygier (Treasurer)

Lynn White (Secretary)

Claire Barnes

Natalie Church

Annette Edwards

Carla Oaksford-Smith

Wayne Mercer

MINUTES OF LAST MEETING: (AGM12/10/18)

Discussion continued relating to Non Uniform Days & how to improve the funds raised for the school.

In trying to promote “Non Uniform Day Fund Raising” the next being Fri 26th Oct.

We will post on the FaceBook page & School Website “suggesting” a donation of 50p (more, if they wish!) for those children who would like to come out of uniform for the day.

Hopefully, showing consideration to those parents who have more than one child & a little reminder to those that don't offer to pay a small amount.

PTFA CONSTITUTION 2018 UPDATE

  1. has continued to work on building a more up-to-date PTFA Constitution & passed a copy of what has been suggested so far, for further discussion with the current Committee.

The problem area relates to General Data Protection Regulation, which needs to be discussed further with School, so meetings are due to be arranged.

COMMUNICATIONS WITH SCHOOL

It was agreed with the teachers & PTFA members present, that the best form of communication between the two was primarily with Mrs Abi Quant Epps. We will note planned events & suggested dates for the year, as early in the school year as possible & take these for discussion with Abi, to pass information on to the other school staff affected or needed.

 

TREASURERS UPDATE

Becca informed us, at the time of the meeting, that the Main Account Balance was £2195.89 & these figures included the amount of £345.23 made on the Penny Mile & the Petty Cash Balance stood at £47.93.

REVIEW OF RECENT EVENTS

The “Penny Mile” fund raiser proved to be a great event again this year, with all the help from the new PTFA members, parents, teachers & children, making a fantastic amount to add to the funds for future events.

Although it has yet to be decided we are considering another similar fund raising event later in the year.

CHRISTMAS ARTWORK

  1. children were given their Artwork today from Fat Chilli. However, the deadline being 29th October is a little earlier than we expected to fit in with the free delivery to school.

We will keep reminding parents & children with the help of the school to meet the deadline or inform them that they will have to add a postal cost of £3.50.

CHRISTMAS PERFORMANCES

F2 - 12/12/18 - 9:30am & 1:45pm … & … KS1 - 13/12/18 - 9:30am & 1:45pm

  1. have been asked to offer refreshments from the Library/Foyer area for the Christmas Performances in December. This includes, hot & cold drinks with cakes/mince pies, as well as, selling Christmas sweet stockings & a Christmas Hamper to win. We will request Cake Donations, bought or homemade, while Mrs Hill will ask for a Staff Bake Off from the School Staff.

The option of having Photographs taken is under consideration, including coverage of the Performances with Mansfield Chad & possibly selling the Photos taken, to the Parents.

CHRISTMAS FAIR / RAFFLE UPDATE

  1. provided a list of the Christmas Stalls that were most favoured & profitable from last year’s Fair. Claire’s Dad has completed the DBS Check Form to be our Father Christmas & is waiting for an answer, while has already purchased some Craft Kits as well as a new Game to add to the others.

We need to look into, if there is a Marquee available for the Hot Dog Stall or if we will have to ask someone, to lend one to us for the evening.

We need to confirm with Mrs Miller, if she would like to do the photos again this year & the PTFA will look into the costs involved with purchasing a Polaroid camera for “quicker & easier” photos!

CLASS CHRISTMAS PRESENTS

It has been agreed that £30.00 per class will be spent for the Christmas Class Presents & Michelle has offered to take on the responsibility of organising these & the wrapping - apparently wrappers already arranged!!!

MAGIC SHOWS & DISCO

PTFA are arranging “A Magician Show & Party Games” for the younger children this year, F2 (approx group of 60) set for Thurs 22nd Nov 3:30-4:30pm.

We are aiming for a similar show for the KS1 years during Feb/Mar time but dates are yet to be discussed & confirmed.

The PTFA with the help of the Teachers, are going to arrange 2 Disco’s (May-TBC) with a choice of 2 different times, for the KS2 years (Yrs3,4&5) so the children & parents will have a choice of a preferred time.

A separate Year 6 Leavers Disco will also be arranged towards the end of the academic year (July) but dates need to be discussed & confirmed.

Mrs Hill has offered to help with arranging for the Discos with previous contacts.

CAR PARKING

There has been more confusion & anger between parents relating to speed & parking at drop-off & pick up times around school.

As the children have no Crossing Lady & no Pedestrian Crossing or Signs, Mrs Hill is looking into having a crossing painted on the road to improve on our Childrens Safety.

I personally feel, as being involved in a life threatening Road Traffic Accident when I was younger, Road Safety Week at school is very important!

We have agreed with Mrs Hill, that the children design posters relating to road safety & consideration, which can be placed around school as a little reminder to parens, grandparents & carers about safe driving & considerate parking around school.

ANY OTHER BUSINESS

Mrs Hill is also looking into new outdoor Notice Boards & is currently reviewing the School Website to improve communication for the School & Parents/Carers.

This could also help with PTFA information to parents.

Carla has spoken to her employer Barclays about the Pound to Pound fund raising agreement & a letter is in progress.

DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING

Weds 28th November 2018 at 5:30pm

Top