Autumn Term 2
Welcome to Autumn 2
Throughout the following half term children continue to take part in child initiated activities and small adult led group times.
Nursery children are becoming increasingly aware of the importance of the 'Golden Rules' and our 'Take Care' ethos, which are displayed and promoted across school.
I am kind.
I look after the environment.
I follow our listening Rules.
I try my best.
Autumn 2 Topic - 'Special Days'.
Within the topic we find out about a range of different festivals, celebrations and events.
Children discuss their 'special days' and develop an awareness and appreciation of diversity.
Finding out about Special Days incorporates: Bonfire Night, Children in Need, Remembrance, Birthdays, Hanukkah and Christmas.
Focus texts to support our topic include:
- 'Room on the Broom' .
- 'Whatever Next'
- 'Spot's Birthday Party'
- 'Harry and the Dinosaurs have a Birthday Party'
- 'Hanukkah Bear'
- 'The Nativity'
- 'Jesus' Christmas Party'
SPECIAL EVENTS include:
- 'Making Chocolate Apples'
- 'Children in Need' - Come dressed up for 'Pudsey Bear Day', take part in the school 'Bake Off'. (Friday 19th November)
- 'Ted Bear's Birthday Celebration' - Everyone invited!! (Friday 26th November)
- 'Making Latkes'
- 'Christmas Performance' (Wed 8th December am & pm) (Filming Mon 13th pm)
- 'Christmas Party'. (Thurs 16th December )
(Further Details & Dates to Follow)
'ALL ABOUT ME BOX' - children continue to be invited, to take home a Nursery 'All About Me Box' within which they put in items from home which they would like to 'show and tell' to the class.
'All ABOUT ME SQUARES' - all children have a personalised display board in nursery. These are a patchwork of hessian 'squares' arranged across the nursery walls.
Here children have their work and special moments added to their board.