Project 'Special Days' Birthdays 23.11.20
Sonny's Birthday Prize -Lisa Stubbs
Spots Birthday Party -Eric Hill
Worried Arthur The Birthday Party - Joan Stimson
Harry & the Dinosaurs have a Happy Birthday - Ian Whybrow
Activities to Support Birthdays
- Find out when your birthday is.
- Have a birthday party for eg your Teddy
- Design & Make: badges, party hats cards, dough cakes, birthday banners, measure, cut wrap to cover gifts.
- See ideas in Maths Folder
- Count candles for cakes and match to the numeral
- Using just two colours of candles - how many different ways of representing eg number 5 can you find ?
- Find 3D shapes to wrap - name the shape - estimate & measure the amount of gift wrap for different sized parcels
See activities for Tuning into Sounds and developing phonic awareness in the Phonics Folder.
- See PowerPoint for accurate formation of letters.
- Develop a comfortable pencil grip through many opportunities to use crayons, pencils, felt pens for a range of purposes.
- Practise tracing over patterns and letters
- Practise writing your name.
- Paint/ collage a birthday cake - practise using scissors
- Paint, print balloon shaped paper - Can you mix new colours?
- Design & make Birthday Bunting - thread together - practise using a hole punch.
- Make party food eg Jelly, choc crispy cakes - find out choc & jelly change from solid to liquid
- Bake birthday biscuits - weigh measure & discuss hygiene, ingredients and textures.